Documentation > Deployment Guide
The target audience for this guide is system administrators performing MSPControl installation and maintenance tasks.
We assume that you already:
- Registered on our website and downloaded MSPControl Installer from https://mspcontrol.org/downloads/
- Installed SQL Server 2012 or higher with Case-Insensitive Server Collation and with Mixed-mode auth.
- Added Sysadmin rights to NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM account on SQL.
- Installed IIS and .NET framework 4.5
- Installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on server which is planned to store Enterprise Server component
- Run MSPControlSetup-1.0.0.exe, wait few seconds for system checks. Click next when you see this page.
- Read (it’s not that long, come on) End-User License Agreement, accept the terms and click Next.
- Ensure that your system meet software requirements and click next. If something is missed, MSPControl Setup will automatically install missing prerequisites for you.
- Select the components which should be installed. If it’s your first installation just click next here so all basic components will be installed.
- Specify MSPControl Server settings. Better to aviod using loopback (127.0.0.1) IP as a binding. Hostname is not mandatory, you can leave this blank.
- Specify MSPControl Server security settings. You can create new account (recommended) or use an existing one. If you want to use an existing account for MSPControl Server, add mentioned account to Local Administrators and IIS_IUSRS groups on your server.
- Specify password for this MSPControl Server component. This password will be used when you add this Server from Portal in Configuration > Servers. If you install this server as a part of first basic installation (all components) then this server will be automatically added to the panel.
- Specify MSPControl Enterprise Server settings. Better to aviod using loopback (127.0.0.1) IP as a binding. Hostname is not mandatory, you can leave this blank.
- Specify MSPControl Enterprise Server security settings. You can create new account (recommended) or use an existing one.
- Specify password for Serveradmin. Serveradmin is the main MSPC administrator account.
- Configure MSPControl database connection strings, click Test connection button and then Next when you see that connection is good. If there is a problem with connection, you’ll get error with explanation of what is wrong. Most probably your user (user which you’re logged in) don’t have rights on SQL.Note: Sometimes there is a problem with database creation for WIX installers like ours. Problem happens when Named Pipes and TCP/IP disabled for SQL Server.
Solution 1. Go into the Sql Server Configuration Manager -> SQL Server Network Configuration -> Protocols for MSSQLSERVER (for us, the default instance) -> Enable Named Pipes and TCP/IP protocols, then re-try MSPC installation.
Solution 2. Use .\sqlexpress instead of localhost\sqlexpress or 127.0.0.1/sqlexpress in your connection string. There is a possibility that when you use .\sqlexpress (or .\InstanceName) in connection string installer uses Shared Memory instead of Named Pipes or TCP/IP.
- Specify MSPControl Portal settings. Better to aviod using loopback (127.0.0.1) IP as a binding. Hostname is not mandatory, you can leave this blank. If you want to change or add bindings for Portal, you can safely do it in IIS after installation.
- Specify MSPControl Portal security settings. You can create new account (recommended) or use an existing one.
- Verify the scope of tasks for MSPControl Setup. Click install if everything is ok.
- Installation process will tell you what’s happening at the moment.
- This is what you should see if installation was successful. Click finish.
- Open your installed Portal. You can use newly created desktop shortcut.
- Login to the MSPControl Portal using Serveradmin username and password from step 10.
- Final step before you can use MSPControl is license request. Click Get License to proceed.
Note: MSPControl requires port 443 outbound to be open in order to generate a license.
- Fill all fields and decide which license do you need (Free license or Premium license).
Click Get Free License if you want to use free license. License will be applied instantly in a few seconds.
Click Get Premium License if free license limits don’t cover your needs. Our sales team will get license request and contact you shortly after that.Note: ensure that server with Enterprise Server component has access to the internet.
- If you click Get Free License or when you upload Premium license, you’ll get the following message in case of successful license installation.
- Done! You can start using your MSPControl.