Skype for Business Server 2015
- Go through the checklist.
- Change root OU for tenants
- Run ldp.exe.
- In the Connection menu, click Connect.
- In the Connection menu, click Bind.
- In the View menu, click Tree and select the configuration partition from drop-down menu, then click OK.
Note The configuration partition option is the one that begins with “CN=Configuration”.
- Right-click on the root node, select Modify, and then do the following:
- In the Edit Entry box, enter “otherWellKnownObjects” for Attribute and “B:32:DE8197E3283B2C439A62F871E529F7DD:<DN of root tenant OU here>” for Values, e.g. OU=Hosting,DC=Hosting,DC=local
- In the Operation box, select the Replace radio button and click Enter.
- Then click Run.
- On the Connection menu, click Exit to close ldp.exe.
- Go through the deployment guide.
- Perform installation only on Front-End Server machine.
- On step 4 choose just Server
- On step 6 ensure that you create user in Active Directory and not the local one.
- Skip steps 8-13 and 17-22.
- Ensure that newly created User (the one from step 6 of deployment guide) added to the following groups in Active Directory:
- Domain Admins
- Ensure that user added to sysadmins on SfB SQL server.
- The IIS configuration of the server component requires adjustment. When the Enable-CSComputer powershell command is executed it will stop all not Lync/SfB related application websites.
- Create a new web application named “MSPControl” under the Internal Lync/SfB Website on the Frontend Server. To do this follow the steps below:
- Start IIS Manager
- Right click the Internal Lync Web Site and select Add Application
- Type MSPControl for Alias:
- Click on the Select button and select the MSPControl Server Pool as the application pool
- Type C:\MSPControl\Server for Physical Path: or browse to your MSPControl Server directory
- Click on OK to add the new web application
- Once you have created the new web application ensure Windows authentication is enabled. To verify follow the steps below:
- Start IIS Manager
- Select the new MSPControl application you just created.
- At the feature view pane under the IIS section double click on the Authentication icon
- Make sure Windows Authentication is enabled
The Enterprise Server will use port 80 to communicate with the server component. When adding your Lync/SfB servers to the Enterprise Server make sure the URL in Connection Settings is in the correct format as shown below:
Please note the importance of the MSPControl web application appended to the end. This is different from how other servers are configured in the Enterprise server.
- Go to MSPControl Portal > Configuration > Servers and add your new server with password from step 7 of deployment guide. Leave Search Installed Software unchecked.
- Go to added server, expand Active Directory Settings and setup it like on picture below.
Security Mode: Create Active Directory Accounts
Authentication Type: none
Root domain: <your active directory domain> (expert.local in our example)
Username and password are not required.
- Click Update button on the bottom of this page
- Go back to Server and click Add button near Lync/Skype Server:
- Choose required Service provider. In this article we configure Skype for Business 2015 or Lync Server 2013 – process is the same for both. Click Add Service
- Fill Enterprise Pool address and Simple Url Base as on picture below:
- Done! Now you can add this service to your Virtual Server, select Lync/Skype Server in Hosting Plan and start making your SfB.