- Installed and error-free SharePoint 2010/2013/2016 Foundation/Enterprise.
- At least 1 http or https SharePoint Web Application.
- Peoplepicker for web application(s) should be configured to search only within site collection, otherwise all your users can see whole AD.
Example of how to setup peoplepicker in SharePoint Shell:
stsadm -o setproperty –url http://<webapp url> –pn peoplepicker-onlysearchwithinsitecollection –pv yes
- Go through the deployment guide.
- Perform installation only on SharePoint Server machine.
- On step 4 choose just Server
- On step 6 ensure that you create user in Active Directory and not the local one.
- Skip steps 8-13 and 17-22.
- Ensure that newly created User (the one from step 6 of deployment guide) added to
- Domain Admins group in Active Directory.
- Farm Administrators in SharePoint.
- Sysadmin group in MS SQL used for SharePoint.
- Go to MSPControl Portal> Settings > Servers and add your new server with password from step 7 of deployment guide. Leave Search Installed Software unchecked.
- Go to added server, expand Active Directory Settings and setup it like on picture below.
Security Mode: Create Active Directory Accounts
Authentication Type: none
Root domain: <your active directory domain> (expert.local in our example)
Username and password are not required.
- Click Update button on the bottom of this page
- Go back to Server and click Add button near SharePoint Foundation Server or SharePoit Enterprise Server (depends on what you have):
- Choose required Hosted SharePoint Service provider. Click Add Service.
- Provide SharePoint Web Application Url and Shared SSL Root domain (in case you are going to use SSL) like on the picture below.
Done! Now you can add this service to your Virtual Server, select SharePoint Foundation Server or SharePoint Enterprise Server in Hosting Plan and start making your SharePoint site collections.