MSPControl Desktop Agent
A new MSPControl Desktop Agent has been released which allows an end user's Windows Desktop to communicate with MSPControl to allow the management of settings. The current list of features in initial release include:
1. MSI Based Installer that takes a users organizational password and finds home control panel using DNS SRV record associated with the UPN Domain of the username.
2. DNS SRV Configuration allows the panel to discover the associated End user portal for the specific Panel used by the organization, when many control panels are deployed.
3. New Agent Settings panel inside control panel which allows you to add the "Local Intranet Sites and Auth Forwarder Registries" to allow to pass credentials properly from a remote machine that is not a member of the domain.
4. Control over maximum upload size for Windows WebDAV
5. Integration with Cloud Folders to detect any Drive mappings that have been made available to a user and MAP the the drives using the Windows WebDAV Client.
6. Detect Changes to drives in the control panel and properly swap out drives locally to the end user
7. Properly remove drive mappings when drives are removed from user
8. A control panel applet that allows you to reset password, remap drives and repair settings and check for a later version of the agent
9. A Choco Based Auto-updater always keeps the agent up to date on all end user devices (this is still not 100%)
10. RDS Settings Configuration to allow for the management of App Icons on Desktop and Control Panel RDS feed integration
11. Agent Registration with control panel to track status of devices up/down status
12. Support a machine where more than one user uses it
13. It's a windows service, so the sky is the limit
To use the agent it requires a DNS SRV Record Created on the Organization Domain of the user using it.
Data: fqdn of WebDAV Enduser portal
Port: Port of WebDAV Enduser portal
You can download the agent here:
RDS Settings Configuration to allow for the management of App Icons on Desktop and Control Panel RDS feed integration
Agent Registration with control panel to track status of devices up/down status
Add Exchange MAPI Profile Configuration allowing for the management of Exchange MAPI Profile of any exchange accounts the user is subscribed to
Ability to manage Web Links in a Provider namable folder on a users desktop and manage what links are inside of this folder
Integration with Screencast for Desktop sharing for support
Device profiles with history of CPU/Memory/RAM/Disk and other metrics, Installed Applications Etc.