To get started with ADSync (part of Windows Agent), you need to complete the following steps:
1) In the panel, create a user in the domain that you want to synchronize
2) ADSync requires that the client has the following added to the Hosted Organizations quota.
(We do this with an Add On which contains "1 x device for ADSync and "1 x AD Sync Users")
3) In the DNS client, you need to configure the SRV record:
Domain: Customer Domain
Host: WebDAV Portal address (i.e. webdav.myhosting.com)
4) MSPControl Autopilot Agent must be installed on one of the servers in the client's domain, using the credentials previously created in the panel
5) After the installation in the tray, the MSPControl Desktop Agent icon should appear, and the MSPcontrol Desktop Agent service should appear in the services.
6) By clicking on the program icon you will open the window:
7) Enter the credentials from the user you created in the portal in step 1 and click Save
8) On the Control Panel you will see the installed agent on the devices
9) Select the added device
10) Select Settings
11) Complete the form with a user account from the customers domain controller that you installed the Autopilot client above on which is a Domain Admin
(we reccomend setting up a new user specifically for the AD Sync on the customers domain).
AD Sync Enabled - Ticked
Username - CUSTOMERDOMAIN\ADSyncUserName
Password - Password for above account
Sync Password from AD - Ticked
After that, the ADSync button appears in the panel on the customer organization page, if you click that button you can select which accounts in the customers On-Premises Active Directory you would like to sync up with in the MSPControl Portal Active Directory.
To configure Azure IoT Hub for ADSync follow this guide
Don't forget you will need to configure the Active Directory Password Filter on all domain controllers in your MSPControl environment as explained in this guide.
You can configure devices for customer organisations by following this guide.