How to upgrade to the latest version of MSPControl
Version 1.x and 2.x are no longer supported and we recommend you upgrade to Version 3.x as soon as possible.
License will not be updated on old versions, first thing to do for you is to upgrade to version 3.
How to do it?
1. Do a full backup (Enterprise Server, Portal DB, and servers components)
2. Update MSPControl to v1 final 126.96.36.19958
3. Enable encryption if it wasn't done yet (Portal > System -> Encrypt sensitive data)
4. Update MSPControl to v2 final 188.8.131.5286
5. Update MSPControl to latest v3
Easiest way to upgrade old version is to run MSPControl Windows Installer on every server where you have MSPControl.
Recommended upgrade sequence is:
- Enterprise Server (or ES + Portal if on same server)
Minimum requirements for MSPC version 3
- .NET Core Hosting Bundle
- MS SQL 2016 or newer - Update the DB Compatibility to version 130 or above
- .NET framework 4.7.2 or later installed.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 or newer
We would recommend updating to the latest version of SQL and also to update the compatibility to match the server.
If you're struggling to perform upgrade by yourself, we can do it for you for a fee. Contact is here (https://mspcontrol.org/contact-page/) or join the Telegram channel https://t.me/MSPControl.
If you experience when updating to the latest version 3 you may need to run a SQL Script directly against your SQL Server to fix this. The script can be found here on the Telegram channel