The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request after MSPControl installation on login page, page with server settings or when trying to add service to server in MSPC.
Problem with Portal login page.
There are 3 reasons for this to happen:
- Using unreachable hostnames for MSPC Enterprise Server or Portal configuration.
- Firewall doesn't allow connections to go through (in case of situation with Portal and Enterprise Server installed on different servers).
- Missing or wrong link to Enteprise Server in MSPC Portal settings.
Checking first case: open IIS and ensure that you're not using hostname or using reachable hostname for MSPC Enteprise Server and/or Portal.
Checking second case: ensure that Firewall on servers with MSPC Portal and Enteprise Server allow remote connections to each other on their ports (9002 and 9003 by default).
Checking third case: open Enteprise Server URL:
Write down Enteprise Server URL, open Portal's SiteSettings.config (located in C:\MSPControl\Portal\App_Data by default) and fix <EnterpriseServer> value to correct one.
Problem with server settings page and service add page.
There are also 2 reasons for this usually:
- Using unreachable hostname for MSPC Server component.
- Firewall doesn't allow connections to go through.
- Mismatch between real MSPC Server password and password which has been used to add this Server to Portal.
Checking first case: open IIS and ensure that you're not using hostname or using reachable hostname for MSPC Server.
Checking second case: ensure that Firewall on server with MSPC Server allow remote connections to MSPC Server's application port (9003 by default).
Checking third case: run MSPC Installer on server with affected MSPC Server and follow password reset procedure:
Go to Portal > Settings > Servers, open related server, expand Connection Settings, type new password and click Change Password.