This error means that MSPControl Installer wasn't able to make required changes and/or access something in your environment.
Basic things to check:
- You are using domain admin or local admin account depending on your infrastructure.
- You run installer as administrator.
- SQL Server is up and running.
- SQL Server version is 2008 or higher.
- You have strong access to SQL Server.
- SQL Server installed with Case-Insensitive Server Collaction.
If all above don't help, go to check MSPControl installation log located in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp for more information. Pay attention to lines containing word "error".
If you still don't know what is happening then it's time to email MSPControl Support.