This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

User Account Notes is no where to find any more

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
     Thomas 

I can confirm, the notes “tag” in the customer list is there, however the notes are not displayed anywhere in the portal for the customer.

Portal (1.0.0.5491)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.5491, Db: 1.0.0.5491)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.5491)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

How does one get to or edit the classic notes field ? I have notes that either didn’t migrate to the new system or the dev didn’t bother moving the old data to the new system.

Classic Notes:

No notes on account (with classic notes)

The system either needs to be updated to allow the classic notes to be imported into the new system, or we need a way to edit and maintain the classic notes.

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

Notes has been moved to a new Location under DOCUMENTATION Menu. I will check if there is any Note Migration going on I didn’t realize this was missing I have asked Developer for help. The Notes Functionality has been dramatically improved.

1. Added Tags for Users, Locations and Devices
    2. Added ability to have private notes
    3. Added ability to have an Authorizer / Approver for Note Access
    4. A couple of other things

Soon you will see several additional sections in DOCUMENTATION Menu as we are explanding this to be a full password manager and knowledge base system for the customer.

Please wait...
     Artem 

Old notes were to be migrated to the new notes. I’ll check it.

Please wait...
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

We added code to support Migration of notes, run update to latest and let us know if you have any trouble.

Please wait...

I have updated to <span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Tahoma, Arial; font-size: 13.3333px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: #ffffff; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; display: inline !important; float: none;”>1.0.0.5776 and the change log says that you have added:
    </span>

Date: 2018-07-24 08:44:16
    Description: Merge pull request #3960 from netwer/#3659_Notes_Step3_fixes#3659 Notes – Step 3 – added migration notes script
    Description: #3659 Notes – Step 3 – added migration notes script

but how do I do the migration ?

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I have upgraded to the current version:

Portal (1.0.0.5776)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.5776, Db: 1.0.0.5776)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.5776)

The notes didn’t migrate, nor do I see a function to migrate them. Does this process happen in the background? Is there a config page that we need to be looking at? I don’t see anything in system policy to import classic notes into the new system.

Please wait...
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

I’ve let the developer know you are still having trouble. @artem is the one responsible for this change he’s commented above.

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...
    1 user thanked author for this post.
     Artem 

@tom-knapp

Did you have records into Comments table?
    Can you check please?

SELECT * FROM [dbo].[Comments]

The old notes store into this table and I created the script which migrate all data from this table to another new table.

Please wait...

Yes I have.

And what new table ?
    And when is the script executed?

Please wait...
     Thomas 

@artem,

I do have records in this table. Can you please point us to the script that migrates the data. Or attach to this thread so that anyone else can do the manual migration as well.

Thanks!

Please wait...
     Artem 

Now notes store into Notes table:

SELECT * FROM [dbo].[Notes]

Migration script inserted into update_db.sql file and executed when execute update_db.sql file.

I attached script.

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     Thomas 

@artem

I created a backup of my database and ran the script. All of the notes are now compiled into on note entry in the portal and everything is encrypted. Can not read anything anymore. Will have to restore from backup. Please review the script and let us know the next steps.

Please wait...

I run follow SQL-line:

INSERT INTO [dbo].[Notes] ([UserId],[Note],[CreatedDate],[UpdatedDate],[IsPrivate],[UpdatedBy],[CreatedBy])
    SELECT [ItemID],[CommentText],[CreatedDate],[CreatedDate],0,1,1
    FROM [dbo].[Comments]
    JOIN [dbo].[Users] ON  [Comments].[ItemID] = [Users].[UserID]
    WHERE ItemTypeID LIKE ‘USER%’

It copys the comments that has existed Accounts to Notes for the account.

The first run I did with Artem’s script I did get all the notes on SYSADMIN (as that was “he” who hade made the comments).
    so I fix the line.

Please wait...

As all my comments was made by SYSADM I run also this line

This is the line that copy comments and add from what account it came from to the text.

INSERT INTO [dbo].[Notes] ([UserId],[Note],[CreatedDate],[UpdatedDate],[IsPrivate],[UpdatedBy],[CreatedBy])
    SELECT [Comments].[UserID],CONCAT(‘OLD Comment from [{‘,[Comments].[ItemID],’} ‘,[Username],’] ‘,[CommentText]),[CreatedDate],[CreatedDate],0,1,1
    FROM [dbo].[Comments]
    LEFT JOIN [dbo].[Users] ON  [Comments].[ItemID] = [Users].[UserID]
    WHERE ItemTypeID LIKE ‘USER%’

Please wait...
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

@tom-knapp Please make sure you have SQL Encryption Enabled as well if you are an older installation you would have to convert from Crypto Key System to SQL Encryption. We no longer support Crypto-Key Encryption its not secure at all.

Please wait...
     Artem 

I think @ldcrogerlanden fixed my sql script and it can be used for migration.

Also I update it into update_db.sql file

Please wait...
     Thomas 

@MSPControl,

I verified that the SQL settings are correct. Thanks for pointing that out. I do recall getting that changed a few years ago.

I will try the revised script again and let you know what the results are. Thanks!

Please wait...
    Attachments:
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account