Tagged: ,

This topic has 47 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 3 months ago by shikha.

• Author
     Paul

I have also completed a manual update to 4884 with no difference.
    I can now also confirm that LetsEncrypt renewal task fails as well.

It does make me wonder what the common denominator is though……between you and me, I mean.
    Otherwise, why isnt anyone else having the same issue?

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
     Thomas

Maybe we are the only two using the software? Kidding aside this is really becoming a huge issue now that my customers are unable to renew SSL certificates for their sites. That error points to JSON issues. Someone either upgraded the stack or did not include the correct version in an update and has caused all these issues. If you look back over the few posts on here this month all of them point to JSON errors about the same time. This is why I post with version numbers and events that take place during so that there is a chronological log that the developers can go back and see where the system started breaking.

That is IF the developers actually read the forms.

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...
     Paul

THOMAS!!!!! I have mine fixed!!

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...
     Paul

Download the MSPControl-EnterpriseServer-1.0.0.zip and extract to temp folder.

Backup your Enterprise folder and then stop all MSP Control App Pools and Sites.
    Delete the entire contents of the Enterprise folder and replace with the extracted zip file.
    Copy the Connection String from the web.config in the backup and place into the new web.config.

Start all sites/app pools.

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...

Hi Thomas and Paul,
    I had the same issue and had to get in contact with the team via the website:-

Contact Page

They generated a manual key for me which resolved the issue.
    The MSPControl team is aware of the issue and they are currently working on resolving the issue, an announcement will be posted here once they have resolved the issue.

Out of interest when does your key expire? Mine was set to expire on the 20th February 2018.

Please wait...

Fix:

1) Download manual update zip archive
    2) Replace all files in ES server (except connection string in web.config)

Please wait...

Best regards,
    Denis Shchepetov, MSPC support lead, software producer.
    E-mail: d@hosting.build

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Thomas

Manually downloading the Enterprise update and editing the Web.config did fix the renewal problem I was having. So will I then need to do manual updates from this point forward?

Please wait...
     Paul

My Web GUI updater has just failed me updating to the latest…..but this isnt unusual for me.
    Im just trying the MSI installer on mine now, so will report back in a few minutes.

Please wait...
     Thomas

You have to let it sit and pray that the install completes as that is the same process that I have seen as well. I have grown to dislike the Web Update process.

Please wait...
     Thomas

I am assuming that you are talking about the page:

MSPControl Error
    Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request. 

Then yes, sit and pray it works. This can take up to 10 minutes to complete. in the meantime field any calls from customers who are saying your web panel is down or broken.

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...
     Paul

Me too – biggest problem I find is when successive build are released together quickly….like now…was doing web update but while the update process was happenning, a new build was released – this seems to hang the web update – so I end up doing a MSI install.

Anyway…. successfully finished the update on all the servers now…. Going to check Lets Encrypt etc… back in a minute or 2

Please wait...
     Paul

Ha – yeah that one as well…… sort of makes things tighten in your seat a little when you see that.

Please wait...
     Thomas

Web update worked for me, just had to keep retrying the site until it worked. The update / upgrade dashboard isn’t clean by any measure. Sit and wait and refresh from time to time. Just keep in mind that if you are seeing the error page when you refresh you will need to actually enter your URL for the site as it is just refreshing the error page not the upgrade page.

Please wait...
     Thomas

Me too – biggest problem I find is when successive build are released together quickly….like now…was doing web update but while the update process was happenning, a new build was released – this seems to hang the web update – so I end up doing a MSI install.
    Anyway…. successfully finished the update on all the servers now…. Going to check Lets Encrypt etc… back in a minute or 2

SSL was not fixed during this update. Tracking that in another post. Still with no response from dev or ops.

Please wait...
     Paul

Ahhhhh!!!!…..Agreed…and I have tried replacing the Enterprise files again as well, but no difference.

Please wait...

https://github.com/ebekker/ACMESharp/issues/139
    https://github.com/PowerShell/vscode-powershell/issues/143

Please wait...

Hi
    I had the same issue in the last version 4983. Anye solution ??

Please wait...
     Amir

Hi;
    open ES server web.config and find
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion=”0.0.0.0-6.0.0.0″ newVersion=”6.0.0.0″ />
    and change this to:
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion=”0.0.0.0-9.0.0.0″ newVersion=”9.0.0.0″ />
    save and exit.

Enjoy!

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...

Thomas

You can update Web.config on enterprise server to use the lasted version of Newtonsoft.Json with this lines

<assemblyIdentity name=”Newtonsoft.Json” publicKeyToken=”30ad4fe6b2a6aeed” culture=”neutral” />

2 people like this.
    Please wait...
    2 users thanked author for this post.
     Thomas

Thomas
    You can update Web.config on enterprise server to use the lasted version of Newtonsoft.Json with this lines
    <assemblyIdentity name=”Newtonsoft.Json” publicKeyToken=”30ad4fe6b2a6aeed” culture=”neutral” />

I am about to change service providers, so once I get my new IP addresses I will give this a try.

Thanks!

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account