Tagged: ,

This topic contains 47 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  shikha 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Thomas 

I am getting an error trying to renew the license for mspControl. The error states:

Could not update license. Please see menu Account -> Audit Log for details. If you use a proxy please specify it on Settings -> System Settings page. Please contact support if you have any problems.

The audit log reads:

Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) at System.Net.Http.Formatting.BaseJsonMediaTypeFormatter..ctor() at System.Net.Http.Formatting.JsonMediaTypeFormatter..ctor() at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.HttpClientHelper.PostData[T](HttpClient client, String baseAddress, String url, T license) at eCDH57gYKlhcov9KNK.GJUinPM93M191DgPn9.wQU7VexTAw(Object , Object )

mspControl version: 1.0.0.4840

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
     Thomas 

I have updated to the current version (1.0.0.4844) and still get the error on renewals.

Could not update license. Please see menu Account -> Audit Log for details. If you use a proxy please specify it on Settings -> System Settings page. Please contact support if you have any problems.

the audit log reads:

00:00:00 https://mspcontrol.virtuworks.net:443

00:00:00 Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)   at System.Net.Http.Formatting.BaseJsonMediaTypeFormatter..ctor()
       at System.Net.Http.Formatting.JsonMediaTypeFormatter..ctor()
       at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.HttpClientHelper.PostData[T](HttpClient client, String baseAddress, String url, T license)
       at q5munPfAkyfhasHAbs.Y6LIDhWZraB7dltj8b.TGlYfJLIOB(Object  , Object  )

Current mspControl version:

Portal (1.0.0.4844)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.4844, Db: 1.0.0.4844)
    SRV-########## (1.0.0.4844)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I have updated to the latest version of mspControl and I still am unable to update the license for mspControl on my server. The error reads:

The details read:

00:00:00 Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)   at System.Net.Http.Formatting.BaseJsonMediaTypeFormatter..ctor()
       at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.HttpClientHelper.PostData[T](HttpClient client, String baseAddress, String url, T license)
       at L7ijBvKFIVveSnPhT8.MWIWfdJsBf4VjBCQoh.D209xwasnI(Object  , Object  )

Versions:
    Portal (1.0.0.4847)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.4847, Db: 1.0.0.4847)
    SRV-############ (1.0.0.4847)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I have updated to the current version of the software and have to report that this is still an issue.

Portal (1.0.0.4851)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.4851, Db: 1.0.0.4851)
    SRV-#### (1.0.0.4851)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

Updated to the next version of the software, ad this is still an issue.

Portal (1.0.0.4856)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.4856, Db: 1.0.0.4856)
    SRV-#### (1.0.0.4856)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

Upgraded to current version, this is still an issue. Is anyone looking into this issue or can even care to respond?

Portal (1.0.0.4858)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.4858, Db: 1.0.0.4858)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.4858)

Please wait...
     Paul 

I have the same issue – just upgraded to build 4860

Please wait...
     Thomas 

Upgraded to the current version and licensing is still not working.

Portal (1.0.0.4862)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.4862, Db: 1.0.0.4862)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.4862)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I have updated to the current version and the license renewal issue continues.

The error reads:

the log reads:

at LAUj1CsjmYpnuW4trn.etCOfov7fTi6hQnr8g.g0aXxr0LVT(Object  , Object  )

Portal (1.0.0.4863)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.4863, Db: 1.0.0.4863)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.4863)

Please wait...
     Paul 

Just as a word of warning – dont do as I did…… Thought I would try removing the licence entirely and re-adding….. Cant do that either!!! Had to restore the database from a backup.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I almost did that myself, however I was able to talk myself out of it due to the lack of support we get from the company. Figured that all the posts that I have done so far has had zero response to them from the company. If my site broke completely they wouldn’t care anyway. I just migrated everything from Website Panel to these guys (I believe to be the same people) because the software was abandoned and not supported anymore. Now I get to start the process of looking for another management console that users actually get support from. This time I think I will hang out on the forums of my next choice a little bit before I make the jump completely.

Please wait...
     Paul 

I know exactly what you mean Thomas – The support here was fantastic when it was first taken over by VirtuWorks, but has declined rapidly.

I have done some research into the error, and I have a possible solution that I will try later tonight when I can afford to take a few things down.

Do you have any outstanding Windows Updates that you havent applied yet – especially in the .NET Framework side of things?

Please wait...
     Thomas 

My server is currently fully updated, however this is not the issue at hand. The error is reporting that someone has used another version of Newtonsoft.Json. My guess is that this package did not make the update list when the software was merged and pushed out to us.

Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies.

Please wait...
     Paul 

Ah, I was assuming that I had the wrong (outdated) DLL version installed and the Panel is now using a newer version.
    Looking at the handler in web.config, it appears that v9 is the current, yet 10.0.3 seems to be available…… or am I on the wrong track altogether?

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I haven’t done a lot of digging into this since this hasn’t become a total work stoppage issue just yet. I have been trying to get other things working properly with the software. I will take some time to focus on this issue later this afternoon to see about resolving the issue and posting my findings for others to use if they need.

On a side note, updated to current version and this issue still remains.

Error:

Audit Log

at l3Bt7UWy56AtXKnHHt.vgE7fgC5PNe3GoXtxw.RLhZl4WAc1(Object  , Object  )

Portal (1.0.0.4872)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.4872, Db: 1.0.0.4872)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.4872)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

Updated (via update dashboard) to the current version of the software, still this issue has not been addressed.

Portal (1.0.0.4880)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.4880, Db: 1.0.0.4880)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.4880)

I just downloaded the software form the website to see if running a repair on the server using the manual process will address this issue. Maybe there is something wrong with the update dashboard? Will post results in a few after my server is done rebooting.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

The manual update process did not address the issue. I have composed a second email to help@mspcontrol.org as directed by the software a few days ago. I have not received anything in response from the company at this point. To be fair I just sent the second email about this issue just now, but one would think they would have responded by now about something like this.

Manual Repair:
    Portal (1.0.0.4880)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.4880, Db: 1.0.0.4880)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.4880)

Still fails to update do to the missing or invalid Newtonsoft.Json package as reported.

Please wait...
     Paul 

I have just sent an email in as well.
    Lets see what happens….

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I finally heard back from someone about 1:30am this morning. They asked for me to manually download the software and run the update from the server. I pointed them back to this thread so we can skip the steps already taken. To comply with the request I have also manually downloaded the software for the update 4884 to install to see is this resolves the issue. I have another issue that has now come up, none of my Lets Encrypt Certificates are renewing now. I have started a new thread for that for tracking.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I just completed the manual update to 4884 and still have the same issue.

Error:

Audit Log:

at ypE3wbBfVlhPaMSrK5.KUGGrmgSkql6mDdCA5.f61ZxEMwh3(Object  , Object  )

Portal (1.0.0.4884)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.4884, Db: 1.0.0.4884)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.4884)

Please wait...
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account