This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tim 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
     Tim 

We are decommissioning some a old database server so i

1)  moved all the client databases over to a new server
    2) changed the services serverID to a different one so that customer spaces still have a reference to if (not sure if that was necessary but it seems to be ok)

But I want to avoid installing IIS on the SQL server purely for MSPControl (as far as i can tell its only needed for users to be able to manage database backups) … im consdiering using
    http://ultidev.com/products/UWS-Cassini-Pro/Default.aspx

Has anyone has any experience with doing this or does everyone just install IIS or live without managing backups via MSPC ?

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

You should be able to manage it from a different server remotely using MSP you shouldn’t have to install server node to it if you have another one. SQL also has some dependencies with IIS for Reporting Services not sure if that’s in use or not but you probably couldn’t avoid in some cases anyways.

Please wait...
     Tim 

I tried to do a download database backup via MSPC but all i got was an empty zip file so i assumed it was required. Not sure how else MSPC is going to obtain the backup file.

We don’t utilise SSRS so no other need for IIS.

Please wait...
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account