This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 10 months ago by MSPControl.

• Author

Hello,

I am currently building a new RDS 2016 environment. At this moment I am able to add any server to MSPControl, however I am not able to add RDS servers to the control panel as I receive the following error:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. —> System.Exception: Error executing ‘ADD_RDS_SERVER’ task on ” REMOTE_DESKTOP_SERVICES —> System.Exception: Unable to connect to cs-ts01.cloudshape.eu server. Please double check Server Full Name setting and retry.

I am able to enter a server, but cannot enter a organization.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
     MSPControl
    Keymaster

Make sure you don’t have both MSPControl and another control panel running on the same servers, we wouldn’t support this.

Also – make sure from the machine running connection broker that you can ping the FQDN and that the windows firewall is disabled on the machine you are trying to add.

Please wait...

I am able to add the RDS server as a normal server but not as an RDS server.

There is no other installation and everything is in a domain, so network is fine.

Please wait...
     MSPControl
    Keymaster

Is the firewall off?
    Can you ping this address from Connection broker?

Please wait...
    1 user thanked author for this post.

Hello,

Thanks for your fast response.

1) Yes, I can ping from the broker to the Session Host.

2) The server URL ending with port 9003 can also be viewed.

3) Firewall is disabled on all servers

Please wait...
     MSPControl
    Keymaster

Is the Server hosting the RDS Connection broker part of an MSPControl Virtual Server?

If possible please upload MSPControl Event log for Connection Broker here for review.

Please wait...

Yes it is.

[7/27/2018 6:45:40 PM] ERROR: ‘Remote Desktop Services Windows 2012/2016’ GetServerNetBiosName
    System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) —> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    at System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(Object o)
    at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
    at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()
    at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
    at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetWmiObjectCommand.BeginProcessing()
    at System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.DoBeginProcessing()
    at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessorBase.DoBegin()
    — End of inner exception stack trace —
    at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.PipelineBase.Invoke(IEnumerable input)
    at MSPControl.Providers.RemoteDesktopServices.RdsRunspaceExtensions.ExecuteShellCommand(Runspace runspace, List`1 scripts, Object[]& errors)
    at MSPControl.Providers.RemoteDesktopServices.Windows2012.GetServerNetBiosNameInternal(String fqdName, Runspace runspace)
    at MSPControl.Providers.RemoteDesktopServices.Windows2012.GetServerNetBiosName(String fqdName)
    at MSPControl.Server.RemoteDesktopServices.EoxbNlVcHhvfuyJa7fv(Object , Object )
    at MSPControl.Server.RemoteDesktopServices.GetServerNetBiosName(String fqdName)

I can see it says “Access denied”.

Please wait...
     MSPControl
    Keymaster

Looks like the App Pool user doesn’t have sufficient rights. Make sure that the App User on the connection broker is a domain administrator. You might also want to set the AD Credentials on the servers properties. RDS Session host also needs to be a member of the domain.

Please wait...

Ah, it needed Domain Admin permissions, now it works!!

Thank you very much!

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...

Could you also tell me where I can find this on my portal?

Please wait...
     MSPControl
    Keymaster

Looks like you are using an ACIENT version of the control panel if this is the screen you want. You will need to have a virtual server, a hosting plan with Quota assigned to customer before it appears. These screens have been highly modified and improved since those photos. You also need to make sure your PEER Role account has access to RDS. Your Panel should look like this pic attached.

Please wait...
    Attachments:
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account