This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Denis Shchepetov 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author
     Thomas 

I am getting an error when I try to add a personal folder to a hosted user. This error is displayed when I try to go to the users personal folders page from hosted org section. The error is as follows:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. —> System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.DataProvider.GetPackageQuotaUsage(Int32 packageId, Int32 quotaId)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.PackageController.H7NPBjcv9Y3ceprsX468(Int32 packageId, Int32 quotaId)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.PackageController.GetPackageQuotaUsage(Int32 packageId, Int32 quotaId)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.esPackages.xCW6OlmQp7919tpNLKc(Int32 , Int32 )
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.esPackages.GetPackageQuotaUsage(Int32 packageId, Int32 quotaId)
    — End of inner exception stack trace —

I would add more, but the system blocks the post saying that it is spam.

Current version:
    Portal (1.0.0.5826)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.5826, Db: 1.0.0.5826)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.5826)

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
     Thomas 

Extended error details:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. —> System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.DataProvider.GetPackageQuotaUsage(Int32 packageId, Int32 quotaId)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.PackageController.H7NPBjcv9Y3ceprsX468(Int32 packageId, Int32 quotaId)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.PackageController.GetPackageQuotaUsage(Int32 packageId, Int32 quotaId)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.esPackages.xCW6OlmQp7919tpNLKc(Int32 , Int32 )
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.esPackages.GetPackageQuotaUsage(Int32 packageId, Int32 quotaId)
    — End of inner exception stack trace —]
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +240916
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +267
    MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.esPackages.GetPackageQuotaUsage(Int32 packageId, Int32 quotaId) +130
    MSPControl.Portal.PackagesHelper.GetCachedPackageQuotaUsage(Int32 packageId, Int32 quotaId) +400
    MSPControl.Portal.ExchangeServer.OrganizationUserPersonalFolder.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +461
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +106
    MSPControl.Portal.MSPControlModuleBase.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +34
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +68
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +162
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3785

Please wait...
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

Check MSPControl Event Log on the Cloud Folder server what other errors do you have?

Please wait...
     Thomas 

There was two errors that seem to repeat a lot. Mapped Drives GPO missing and HostedSolution GPO for CompanyX missing. I was able to manually create the GPO for the missing mapped drives as the error said what it was called exactly.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

In testing I deleted the test company and tried creating it back again. Still get the error and no GPOs are created during the new hosted org setup.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

Updated to the current version to make sure it wasn’t a pervious code issue.

Current version:
    Portal (1.0.0.5830)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.5830, Db: 1.0.0.5830)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.5830)

Please wait...
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

Do you have GPO Management Role Installed on the Cloud Folders Server? It’s required. Also make sure that the AD Settings are properly configured with an AD Domain Admin on Servers Server Settings. It should create the GPO Automatically meaning there is some lack of permissions.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

Yes, the GPO management role is installed on this machine. Also the user account is set to have domain admins added as well.

gpo-mgmt-installed
    user-settings

The “Hosted Organizations” diagnostic function shows everything to be correct as expected when run.

domain-check

It would be nice if this report should check these configuration settings as well.

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

did you make sure the AD Settings are properly configured on the SERVER SETTINGS?

Please wait...
     Thomas 

Ok, so I have posted everything I can find on “server settings” and you keep asking if I have set them. So I would have to say I guess not. Clearly I am not following you when you are saying SERVER SETTINGS. There are 1000 server settings here. What other settings are you referring to? Maybe you can post a image of what your talking about so that I can find this setting you are asking about. Other than that, I have run through all the online documentation I can find on the subject.

Please wait...
     Denis Shchepetov 
    Keymaster

Thomas, Omar trying to point you to these settings. Pay attention at below. Additionally you probably need to provide user/password too, but firstly try without it.

Please wait...

Best regards,
    Denis Shchepetov, MSPC support lead, software producer.
    E-mail: d@hosting.build

Thomas 

For anyone else following along I believe they are talking about the following settings:

Settings / Servers / YourServer / Active Directory Settings

To answer the question. Yes, this setting has been set from day one. I have always used a username and password there. Just to be safe I “changed” the password as shown below. However, I still get the error.

ad-settings-saved
    ad-settings

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     Denis Shchepetov 
    Keymaster

Change auth type to NONE and try again.

Please wait...

Best regards,
    Denis Shchepetov, MSPC support lead, software producer.
    E-mail: d@hosting.build

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account