Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 1 month ago.

• Author
     Thomas 

I am unable to add MySQL 8.x to my services. I have upgraded to Version 2 of mspControl.

Database (2088, 6/7/2019 9:27 AM, Status: Ok)
    Enterprise Server (2.0.0.1023)
    Portal (2.0.0.1023)
    SRV-XXXX (2.0.0.1023)

The process I am doing is add the service to the server:

Add Service - MySQL 8

Then click on the “Add Service” button and then the error is displayed on the screen:

Add Service - MySQL 8 - Error

MySQL 8 is installed on this server. I also have the current MySQL ODBC and .NET Connector installed as well.

MySQL 8

I am able to go back to the MySQL 5.7 and add the service from there, however I am sure this can’t be possibly correct as version 8.x has some major changes oh how authentication works.

MySQL 5.7

After you click the Add Service button it processes and then goes to the configure service page. Any idea why the version 8.x service doesn’t appear to be working ?

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
    Attachments:
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

Sent to Developer to check into it.

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...
     Thomas 

Wanted to follow up on this. I upgraded to the latest version today and am still unable to add MySQL 8 Servers to my configuration. I get the following error when I try to add the server / service.

The expected version of the software is not found on your server. 

As of this post the site reports Last version: 2.0.0.1068 (6/24/2019 2:09 PM)

My installed version is:

Database (2097, 6/24/2019 5:02 PM, Status: Ok)
    Enterprise Server (2.0.0.1068)
    Portal (2.0.0.1068)
    SRV-XXXX (2.0.0.1068)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

In troubleshooting another issue I have been upgrading my software. I am still getting the same error as before.

Current version is now:

Database (2097, 6/24/2019 5:02 PM, Status: Error)
    Enterprise Server (2.0.0.1075)
    Portal (2.0.0.1075)
    SRV-XXXX (2.0.0.1075)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I have upgraded to the current version 2.0.0.1088 to correct another issue. I am still unable to add the MySQL Server service to my server. The error I get is:

• The expected version of the software is not found on your server.

Current version:

Database (2100, 6/26/2019 2:12 PM, Status: Ok)
    Enterprise Server (2.0.0.1088)
    Portal (2.0.0.1088)
    SRV-XXXX (2.0.0.1088)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I have upgraded to the current version 2.0.0.1106. I am still unable to add the MySQL Server service to my server. The error I get is:

The expected version of the software is not found on your server.

Current version:

Database (2104, 7/3/2019 9:04 AM, Status: Ok)
    Enterprise Server (2.0.0.1106)
    Portal (2.0.0.1106)
    SRV-XXXX (2.0.0.1106)

Please wait...
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

Yes we are still working on it. Should be soon sorry about the trouble.

Please wait...
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

Thomas – a fix has been applied let us know if it works for you. It’s applied in 2.0.0.1117+

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...
     Thomas 

I am able to add the service to the server, however now I am getting the following error when I try to configure the service.

Service installation results:
    Could not connect to the specified MySQL Server: Authentication method ‘caching_sha2_password’ not supported by any of the available plugins.

I have installed the latest version of MySQL

MySQL Server 8.0.16
    Connector/ODBC 8.0.16
    Connector/NET 8.0.16

Current Version:

Database (2105, 7/5/2019 9:05 AM, Status: Ok)
    Enterprise Server (2.0.0.1117)
    Portal (2.0.0.1117)
    SRV-XXXX (2.0.0.1117)

Please wait...
     Rich Bailo 

Thomas,

Thanks for your patients, and Thank you for bringing all of this to our attention. when MySQL was added as a provider it was a slight oversight to all the new features MySQL 8.X has to offer. We are working on bringing all these features current. I am hoping that the provider will be operational Monday, and all new features added within the next week.

We will keep you updated on our progress.

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...
    1 user thanked author for this post.
     Thomas 

I went ahead and downloaded the current version 1126 for testing. Still unable to connect. Just so that others are aware this is only related to the portal. Local connections from customers and their sites (for example WordPress) work just fine. Thankfully I just have to maintain the current MySQL connections to existing databases.

Error:
    Could not connect to the specified MySQL Server: Authentication method ‘caching_sha2_password’ not supported by any of the available plugins.

Database (2106, 7/9/2019 12:57 PM, Status: Ok)
    Enterprise Server (2.0.0.1126)
    Portal (2.0.0.1126)
    SRV-XXXX (2.0.0.1126)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I have updated to the current version. Currently still unable to connect with the same error message.

Current Version:

Database (2110, 7/10/2019 9:40 PM, Status: Ok)
    Enterprise Server (2.0.0.1137)
    Portal (2.0.0.1137)
    SRV-XXXX (2.0.0.1137)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

Status Update:
    Unfortunately I am still getting the same error as last week.

Last version: 2.0.0.1145 (7/15/2019 7:21 AM)
    Database (2110, 7/10/2019 9:40 PM, Status: Ok)
    Enterprise Server (2.0.0.1145)
    Portal (2.0.0.1145)
    SRV-XXXX (2.0.0.1145)

Please wait...
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

Thomas, it’s probably a week out from here. Seems the problems with the new provider were larger then we first thought. Rich who is working on it works on the control panel as a hobby – so it’s going at his pace and I wont pressure him because I am grateful for his help. As soon as we got something to show I will post to the forum to let you know.

Please wait...
     Rich Bailo 

Thomas,

I am almost finished with the changes to MySQL 8 Provider. I do have a few questions for you.

1. Is this a fresh install of MySQL 8.0 or an Upgrade?
    2. If a fresh install what authentication did you choose, Default or Legacy?
    3. Are there any other versions of MySQL installed on the server?

I should be checking and testing my changes tonight and tomorrow and will keep you updated.

Please wait...
    1 user thanked author for this post.
     Thomas 

Good morning Rich,

Thank you for your hard work on this. Please let me know if there is anything you would like for me to try.

Is this a fresh install of MySQL 8.0 or an Upgrade?

• This server was running 5.7. I did a MySQL dump of each database and then completely uninstalled 5.7, deleted the remaining files and folders off the server. Then I did a complete fresh install of MySQL 8.0.16 and restored the MySQL dumps.

If a fresh install what authentication did you choose, Default or Legacy?

• I selected the new default secure method for passwords

Are there any other versions of MySQL installed on the server?

• No this is the only MySQL instance on this server
    Please wait...
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

Try latest and see how far you get. Let us know.

Please wait...
     Rich Bailo 

Thomas,

You might run into an issue with users, See here:  https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/caching-sha2-pluggable-authentication.html .

If you look at your users you need to determine what authentication they are using Since they came from a 5.7 setup but you setup MySQL 8 with default caching_sha2_password, you might have an issue. Maybe using the old password button might work. Also If MySQL 8 is not installed on the same server as the application like ‘localhost’ You will need MySQL setup with SSL or an unencrypted connection that supports password exchange using an RSA key pair. If you need help I’ll be here later tonight.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

Good morning everyone,

I am happy to report that this connection issue has been resolved as of the current release of  mspControl 2.0.0.1165. Thank you for all your work in getting this resolved. The only remaining issue that I have is the license issue where everything is disabled. But I believe I have another thread about that.

@rich Bailo, I have verified that my clients are not having any issues. I forgot to mention that I created new users and tables then restored the data. This should have prevented the issue you are talking about.

You might run into an issue with users, See here:  https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/caching-sha2-pluggable-authentication.html .

Thank you for the heads up though, so far I haven’t had any reported connection issues from clients. This issue only affected mspControl Portal.

Current Version:

Database (2114, 7/19/2019 8:59 AM, Status: Ok)
    Enterprise Server (2.0.0.1165)
    Portal (2.0.0.1165)
    SRV-XXXX (2.0.0.1165)

Please wait...
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account