This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mattlok 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author
     mattlok 

Hi Guys,

Today i got an alert that my MSP Panel cannot get licensing update from your server.

I am on build 1.0.0.5254 – the same thing happened last year and it seemed like something on your end.

Can you please check and validate.

Thanks,

MattLok

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
     Thomas 

You might try a manual update to the latest version.

Last version: 1.0.0.5274 (4/21/2018 8:58 AM)

I haven’t had any license issues since February 15, 2018 at 1:41 pm with this post:

The license renewal issue I was having has been resolved, however this SSL renewal issue was not resolved with that fix. I still need to get this issue resolved.

Original thread:

Unable to renew mspControl License (auto or manual renew)

Please wait...
     mattlok 

Hi

Unfortunately it did not work.

We just updated to 1.0.0.5321 today.

However, what I did noticed, was that this error occured right after we moved it from one hyper-v host server to another hyper-v host server.

I tried deleting the previous license and making a new request thinking it would generate a new license based on the changes from the old Hyper-V Host server to the new hyper-v server.

Currently I cannot request a new license as it gives me the same error.

See below:

Could not load file or assembly ‘Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) at System.Net.Http.Formatting.BaseJsonMediaTypeFormatter..ctor() at System.Net.Http.Formatting.JsonMediaTypeFormatter..ctor() at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.HttpClientHelper.PostData[T](HttpClient client, String baseAddress, String url, T license) at JSbSGeGGAtCKjlvdpO.i4hxoycQvBBQoEAkS6.H2rG5BL3u2(Object , Object )

Any help is appreciated as my MSP Panel is now disable and cannot be used.

THanks

Please wait...
     mattlok 

Dear support,

I am one of the tenants at 151 front street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada data center.

If you need space to host your licensing server I can give you guys free space to host it.

We can put you on our multi-homed connection.

Let me know

Thanks

mattlok

Please wait...
     mattlok 

Hi Support,

I tried to update the license and it does not work.

I checked the last thread and you guys said to manually install the json but that didn’t work.

Right now my whole environment is screwed up.

I cannot do anything on the MSP panel…

I checked the permissions the json is using a user that does not exist so i can’t even assign the json to the right permission.  but i never had this issue so badly.

please advise as this has been stuck like this for 6 months.

Please wait...
     Denis Shchepetov 
    Keymaster

Hi Matt, you can find couple of solutions here: https://mspcontrol.org/forums/topic/unable-to-renew-mspcontrol-license-auto-or-manual-renew/

Please wait...

Best regards,
    Denis Shchepetov, MSPC support lead, software producer.
    E-mail: d@hosting.build

mattlok 

Hi Denis,

Thank-you for the information.

I followed the steps but now I cannot login.  I get this message instead:
    <table cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”3″>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class=”NormalBold” nowrap=”nowrap” width=”150″><span id=”ctl33_ctl03_ctl00_ctl00_lblPageUrl”>Page URL:</span></td>
    <td class=”Normal”>http://panel.ultimatetimeline.ca/Default.aspx?pid=Login&ReturnUrl=/</td&gt;
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class=”NormalBold”><span id=”ctl33_ctl03_ctl00_ctl00_lblLoggedUser”>Logged User:</span></td>
    <td class=”Normal”></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class=”NormalBold”><span id=”ctl33_ctl03_ctl00_ctl00_lblWorkOnBehalf”>Work on Behalf:</span></td>
    <td class=”Normal”></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class=”NormalBold”><span id=”ctl33_ctl03_ctl00_ctl00_lblSpace”>Hosting Space:</span></td>
    <td class=”Normal”></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class=”NormalBold” valign=”top”><span id=”ctl33_ctl03_ctl00_ctl00_lblStackTrace”>Stack Trace:</span></td>
    <td class=”WrapText” valign=”top”>System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. —> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or function AddBackgroundTask has too many arguments specified.
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.TCqWbua1ec5JKVa0jDJ(Object )
    at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)
    at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.DataProvider.AddBackgroundTask(Guid guid, String taskId, Int32 scheduleId, Int32 packageId, Int32 userId, Int32 effectiveUserId, String taskName, Int32 ItemID, String itemName, DateTime startDate, Int32 indicatorCurrent, Int32 indicatorMaximum, Int32 maximumExecutionTime, String source, Int32 severity, Boolean completed, Boolean notifyOnComplete, BackgroundTaskStatus status, Int32 minimumRecordSeverityForSave)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.TaskController.W2ZvM3qU9n9F5fI42AwW(Guid guid, Object , Int32 scheduleId, Int32 packageId, Int32 userId, Int32 effectiveUserId, Object , Int32 ItemID, Object , DateTime startDate, Int32 indicatorCurrent, Int32 indicatorMaximum, Int32 maximumExecutionTime, Object , Int32 severity, Boolean completed, Boolean notifyOnComplete, BackgroundTaskStatus status, Int32 minimumRecordSeverityForSave)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.TaskController.AddTask(BackgroundTask task)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.TaskManager.StartTask(String taskId, String source, String taskName, Object itemName, Int32 itemId, Int32 scheduleId, Int32 packageId, Int32 maximumExecutionTime, List`1 parameters, Int32 minimumRecordSeverityForSave)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.TaskManager.StartTask(String source, String taskName, Object itemName, Int32 itemId, Int32 scheduleId, Int32 packageId, Int32 maximumExecutionTime, List`1 parameters, Int32 minimumRecordSeverityForSave)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.TaskManager.StartTask(String source, String taskName, Object itemName, Int32 itemId, List`1 parameters)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.TaskManager.StartTask(String source, String taskName, Object itemName, Int32 itemId)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.TaskManager.dqvpReqUVhP2nIEUfToP(Object , Object , Object , Int32 itemId)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.TaskManager.StartTask(String source, String taskName, Object itemName)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.UserController.AuthenticateUser(String username, String password, String ip, Nullable`1 twoFactorWasCorrect)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.esAuthentication.AuthenticateUser(String username, String password, String ip)
    — End of inner exception stack trace —
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.BusinessErrorCodes.GetMessage(SoapException ex, Boolean code)
    at MSPControl.Portal.MSPControlModuleBase.ShowErrorMessage(String moduleName, String messageKey, Exception ex, String[] additionalParameters)</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Please wait...
     Denis Shchepetov 
    Keymaster

Sounds like your portal is broken. Reinstall it completely and reconnect to Enterprise server (there is site.settings file with URL to ES).

Please wait...

Best regards,
    Denis Shchepetov, MSPC support lead, software producer.
    E-mail: d@hosting.build

mattlok 

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the reply.  I tried to find the “site.settings” files, but it does not exists.

I tried to do a repair, but i got the same results.

At this point I am a scared to try anything as I cannot loose any of the settings with websites running live.

What is the next step.

Thanks,

Matt.

Please wait...
     mattlok 

Hi Denis,

Sorry for the false alarm, but I was able to login finally.

But I am back to the same problem again.  I cannot get a free license.

The error message:

Internal Server Error at JSbSGeGGAtCKjlvdpO.i4hxoycQvBBQoEAkS6.H2rG5BL3u2(Object , Object )

00:00:02 Can not install chocolatey.
    Result: Downloading specific version of Chocolatey: 0.10.3
    Getting Chocolatey from https://chocolatey.org/api/v2/package/chocolatey/0.10.3.
    Exception calling “DownloadFile” with “2” argument(s): “An exception occurred
    during a WebClient request.”
    At line:167 char:3
    +   $downloader.DownloadFile($url, $file)
    +   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebException

Extracting C:\Users\WPENTE~1.WSP\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\chocInstall\chocolatey.zip to C:\Users\WPENTE~1.WSP\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\chocInstall…
    Unable to unzip package using 7zip. Perhaps try setting
    $env:chocolateyUseWindowsCompression = ‘true’ and call install again. Error:
    7-Zip encountered a fatal error while extracting the files
    At line:216 char:9
    +     2 { throw “$errorMessage 7-Zip encountered a fatal error while
    extracting th …
    +
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (Unable to unzip…cting the f
    iles:String) [], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Unable to unzip package using 7zip. Perhaps try
    setting $env:chocolateyUseWindowsCompression = ‘true’ and call install aga
    in. Error: 7-Zip encountered a fatal error while extracting the files

at MSPControl.Providers.Upgrade.UpgradeHelper.InstallChoco(ProxySettings proxySettings)
    at MSPControl.Providers.Upgrade.UpgradeHelper.MakeSureChocoInstalled(ProxySettings proxySettings)
    at MSPControl.Providers.Upgrade.UpgradeHelper.GetLatestVersionNumber(String packageName, ProxySettings proxySettings)
    at MSPControl.Providers.Upgrade.UpgradeHelper.GetLatestMspcVersionNumber(ProxySettings proxySettings)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.SystemController.lajpcthcjp5FBIuQ6YtX(Object )
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.SystemController.GetLatestVersionNumber()

Please wait...
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

Matt we are checking into it today will let you know when its fixed.

Please wait...
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

This is fixed.

Please wait...
     mattlok 

Hi Support,

Thank-you so much for looking into this.

Yes it is now working.  I was able to get a new license tonight.

My control panel is now working.

Thank-you again.

MattLok

3z Canada

(3z.ca)

Please wait...
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account