This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 3 months ago.

• Author
     Joel 

Hi

Is MS SQL 2017 supported yet ?

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
     Thomas 

Looking at the Licensing options for the software it would appear to be yes. But looks like it may be something you have to pay for.

Current version:
    Portal (1.0.0.5524)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.5524, Db: 1.0.0.5524)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.5524)

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     Unni 

Hello,

I tried to integrate MSSQL 2017 in the latest MSPControl and I’m getting the same exact “disabled” thing as Thomas shared in his screenshot. So when I create a website in MSPControl and then try to add MSSQL DB, I see that “add database” Or “add user” options are grayed out or I cannot click there. However, MSSQL 2017 is added to MSPCOntrol too in servers section without any errors. So is this SQL2017 really supported? I’m using free license though.

Thanks

Please wait...
     Thomas 

The license page of the MSPControl site does not break out the various versions of Microsoft SQL Server. SQL Server is supported with the free edition, just limited to “300” of something. However that is not the case as SQL 2017 is disabled for free users. I am running into this same issue with Cloud Folders and now personal Folders. The license page shows it is supported however it is disabled within the software. I have been reporting issues with cloud folders for 6+ months with ZERO response from MSPControl. The following is a copy of the license breakdown from the website and a snip-it of the disabled personal folders within the software.

License Break Down

Disabled Personal Folders

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

Sorry guys, we will get this fixed tomorrow. They should be included like others, we just haven’t edited the free template.

Please wait...
     Denis Shchepetov 
    Keymaster

Hi!

Please re-issue free license to see SQL 2017 included.

Please wait...

Best regards,
    Denis Shchepetov, MSPC support lead, software producer.
    E-mail: d@hosting.build

Thomas 

I have renewed the license for the server in question and do not see any change in the software license page.

Portal (1.0.0.5754)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.5754, Db: 1.0.0.5754)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.5754)

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     Thomas 

Today I tried to delete the license and generate the license again to see if there was something just hung up in the system. Still don’t get the full version as expected.

Current Version:
    ———————————————————-
    Portal (1.0.0.5762)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.5762, Db: 1.0.0.5762)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.5762)

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

@tom-knapp try removing and re-adding a new license by requesting it.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I removed the license again today and tried to renew a new one as directed, now get the following error:

Audit log reports:
    00:00:30
    https://mspcontrol.virtuworks.net:443
    00:00:30
    Internal Server Error at kUQ9ZHwiMv5PqHhLbK.zijKDXgFSipXSEyMaL.OqSE4wmoRC(Object , Object )

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

@tom-knapp I just emailed you an updated license to the email on file let me know if it works.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

The license file did activate the site again. This also addressed the SQL 2017 license issue this post is about.

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

@tom-knapp perfect. This new license file should also address the issue you had with Personal Folders Storage and Quotas. Let me know if you need anything else.

I think we discovered the reason why we haven’t been so responsive on forums is because the new topic notification to keymasters was not working. We have fixed it now.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

First thank you for the response. It has been cold and lonely out here. But I don’t think we are out of the woods yet. To prevent topic creep I am going to redirect to my original post for Personal Folders for response.

Redirect to here: https://mspcontrol.org/forums/topic/cloud-folders-personal-folders-bug/

Please wait...
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account