This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ben Filippelli 3 days, 6 hours ago.

• Author
     Ben Filippelli 

Hi, since the past couple of updates we are not able to modify DG in any customers.

However, we can make a new one, and then modify it, we just cannot modify any that are already existing. I went through the security/permissions and attributes and everything looks fine from one that ‘works’ vs one that does not ‘work’ .

Any ideas? I get the object not set to an instance of an object
    System.Exception: Error executing ‘UPDATE_DISTR_LIST_GENERAL’ task on ‘mygroupemailishere’ EXCHANGE —> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. —> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
     Ben Filippelli 

We were able to solve our own issue. The client had put a support DG onto all of their DG’s and it was showing as a user account. When we remove / add it back it shows a group icon instead and that seemed to work.

Oddly enough in testing another DG ours were having the same issue but I had manually renamed my account from /ben0000 to /ben many moons ago. i can modify my account in the portal and i updated the SQL field for my account.

Please wait...
     Ben Filippelli 

Okay I lied after we re-added some of the DGs into other DG’s and went back the next day they were all changed to a ‘user’ icon and error out. So anytime I want to make a change I have to remove all nested DG and then save then add the users then add the groups back in and save ..

I am not sure what the difference is, i checked the DB and all the ‘groups’ are the same type universal/security , and clearly the initial import shows it as another ‘group’ but after save and re-open it shows as a user and does not work.

Please wait...
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2018 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account