This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Marcelo 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
     Mr Chris Henderson 

Hi,

We were running WSP 2.1 and have upgraded to MSP as part of a wider updating of our systems.

We are also moving from a 2 server environment to several servers, splitting out DNS, AD, Exchange and IIS onto their own servers.

What is the easiest route to move our customers over to these new servers? We have already migrated the Exchange mailboxes using Exchange ECP.

Thanks,

Chris

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
     Denis Shchepetov 
    Keymaster

Hi Chris, just import whatever you need to.

Please wait...

Best regards,
    Denis Shchepetov, MSPC support lead, software producer.
    E-mail: d@hosting.build

Luis Rauseo 

Hi.
    Have any procedure or recommendation. We want migrate to windows 2016. Be are planning new server and consolidate customers. Any reomendation to move customers fron one server to another. Or exist any utility to do this procedure.

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...
     Mr Chris Henderson 

Thanks, we have copied the database onto the new environment and I was hoping that there was a way within MSPControl to tell it to move a customer and their resources to the new servers.

Is this not the case?

Also to update all of their DNS records to point at the new IP.

Please wait...
     Marcelo 

Hello All,

I am searching for a way to migrate all my users from my old server to a new one, Is there any tutorial to migrate MSP Control Users? Or, even a table name list that I should export from old server to import on the new one?

What I already tryed?
    – Bakup my System Space (it starts the backup but finish in 1 second, without error but the file is never created)
    – Backup the Server inside Settings > Servers (it takes more than 1 hour, the file is created but looking inside “Audit Log” some errors ocurred during the backup. Anyway I was intended to migrate only the users not all the Server, because my New server has everything installed and running ok, I’m afraid to migrate the entire server and start to have issues)

Any idea?

Thank you.

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Migrate users to new servers’ is closed to new replies.

©2020 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account