This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Fasching 2 days, 23 hours ago.

• Author
     Fasching 

HI

we want migrate SolidCp to MSPControll.

Can you help me, how can i doit.

<span style=”color: #777777; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 13px;”>There is no update_db file when you download the  Manual-Update.zip file?</span>

br

Gerhard

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
     Datatech UK Ltd 

Hi Gerhard,

You no longer need to do the update_db.sql as it has all been included within the installer for MSPControl.

What version of SolidCP are you currently running as that may need some additional investigation to check the upgrade will go smoothly.
    How many servers are in the SolidCP Deployment?

The updates we have done from SolidCP to MSPControl have been done as follows:-

• Use the MSPControl installer to install the Server component on all servers that have the SolidCP Server component installed on them. (ensure they are on a different port to the SolidCP Server)
    • Backup the SolidCP Database, create a new SQL Database called MSPControl and restore the backup there.
    • Now run the MSPControl installer to install the Enterprise Server and the Portal components, during this installation the installer will detect if the database chosen (MSPControl by default) was a SolidCP database, if it was it will require you to input the CryptoKey from the SolidCP Enterprise Server’s web.config file, if this is the same server as your current SolidCP Enterprise Server it will pick up the CryptoKey automatically.
    • Once the installer has finished you can open a browser and navigate to the URL of your Enterprise Server, this will then update the MSPControl Database (the one you restored from the SolidCP backup) to the latest version of MSPControl, this process can take up to 5 minutes to complete depending upon how quick your server is as well as how many records there are in your database.
    • Once the Enterprise Server screen loads you can then navigate to the URL of your Portal Server and login.

The first time you login the MSPControl Portal may go back to the login screen after some time of appearing to do nothing, this is normal. You then need to login again and the first time wizard will be displayed, please complete all of the various steps and you will be up and running in no time.

*** Please ensure you have a FULL backup of your Enterprise Server, Portal and SolidCP Database BEFORE trying to upgrade ***

Please wait...
     Fasching 

Hello

thanks for your answer,

We have SolidCP Version 1.4.4. and 2 Server.

i try this install methode last week, and the Start screen

<span style=”color: #777777; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 13px;”>It says “Thank you for using MSPControl. We are launching the application and services. The page will be loaded soon loading”. but page never displays login page.</span>

i will try onesmore.

br Gerhard

Please wait...
     Datatech UK Ltd 

I can take quite a while to complete the tasks, you need to be patient.

Ensure you load the Enterprise Server page BEFORE trying to load the portal page
    I.E. navigate to http://EntServerIP:9002 then when that page loads you can open the portal which will also take some time to load.

Please wait...
     Fasching 

ok, thanks, i try it,

thanks.

br

Gehard

Please wait...
     Fasching 

Hi,

i became always this message and the update end. see attachmet

br

Gerhard

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     Datatech UK Ltd 

I can’t see the image in full, but i suspect it could be down to one of the following reasons

• Ensure .NET Framework 4.7.2 is installed as a minimum on ALL Servers
    • Ensure URL ReWrite is installed on all servers
    • Ensure you are running the MSI File as an Administrator (Right Click and RunAs rather than simply running whilst logged in as an administrator)

Let us know how you get on.

Please wait...
     Fasching 

Hi

yes, <span style=”color: #777777; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 13px;”>NET Framework 4.7.2 is installed</span><span style=”color: #777777; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 13px;”> it is a windows 2019 Server</span>

<span style=”color: #777777; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 13px;”>yes, i are running the EXE File as an Administrator — is a Exe File -> </span><span style=”color: #777777; font-family: Open Sans;”><span style=”font-size: 13px;”>MSPControlSetup-2.0.0.exe</span></span>

when i create a new MSPControl DB and not restore the SolidCP DB, then the install process goes ready.

br

Please wait...
     Datatech UK Ltd 

I will need to spin up a test server tomorrow when i get in the office and install SolidCP on the server to ensure it is at the latest version and then compare that against the one i have just migrated to see the differences.

It would help a lot if you could open SQL Server Management Studio, right click on the SolidCP Database > Tasks > Generate Scripts
    Click Next and leave the default options of “Script entire database and all database objects” then click Next
    Click the “Advanced” button and ensure the “Type of data to script” is set as “Schema ONLY”
    Then click Next to export the database to an SQL File and attach it here as a zipped file.

That would help to speed up doing an SQL compare against the databases.

Please wait...
     Fasching 

Hello

i found the install problem.

During the install i must create a AD Account, eg. MSPC-EServer  this Account must be avaible and rights on the SQL DB  MSPControl.

Then the install process continues.

Then disabled the old IIS Sites SolidCP’s, they use the Ports 9001-9003

Then i can enable the new IIS Sites from MSPControl.

So good,!

When i Start http://EntServerIP:9002<span style=”color: #777777; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 13px;”>  (i must use 127.0.0.1, when i use the server IP dont work, ) the Server run OK</span>

<span style=”color: #777777; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 13px;”>When i Start the </span>http://EntServerIP:9001<span style=”color: #777777; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 13px;”> then i becam the old Failure :(</span>
    <h3 style=”color: #000000; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’;”>We are launching the application and services. The page will be loaded soon</h3>
    The Eventlog say: see Attached

br

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     Fasching 

the SQL File attached

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     Fasching 

Hello Datatech UK Ltd

have you maybe any Idea for the Problem.

Thanks!

br

Gerhard

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     Datatech UK Ltd 

Sorry i can’t download the files from the site as i’m getting a 500 error.

Please wait...
     Fasching 

please try This

https://sync.net-sol.at:443/share.cgi?ssid=0qLxt5f

Please wait...
     Fasching 

Hello , can you download the Files.

br

Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account