This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 months, 1 week ago by Alexander.

• Author
     Ivan

Hi,

I’ve been trying to get MSPControl to work and have not been able to.

Installation is fine, however when I try to access the portal, I get this screen (attached).

Here is the stack trace:

[WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.]

System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() +1686

MSPControl.Portal.PortalUtils.IsEsStartupPage() +104

[ Exception: Can’t get response from Enterprise Server: http://xxx.xx.xxx:9002. ]

MSPControl.Portal.PortalUtils.IsEsStartupPage() +361

MSPControl.WebPortal.DefaultPage.Page_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +322

System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +11854916

System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +46

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1110

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
    Attachments:
     Scott

Hi,

I ran into the same error you did after upgrading to the latest build of MSPControl 2.0. My best guess is that it looks like there is a new requirement that the enterprise server needs to have an SSL cert assigned to it before it will let you go any farther. So I removed the port 9002 binding from my enterprise server website in IIS and re-assigned it as an https binding to port 9002 using my SSL cert. This cleared that initial error I was getting but now I’m just getting operation timeouts so still troubleshooting. Hope this at least helps you get past that initial issue.

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...
    1 user thanked author for this post.
     Ivan

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the input. Could not have guessed that it might have been an SSL issue. I’ll look into this and hopefully that would fix this error at the very least.

Please wait...
     Scott

You’re welcome Ivan. The way I found it was if you try to open the enterprise server url:port directly in a new browser window or tab. When you do that you get a cypher and/or  TLS/SSL error. I used IISCrypto to make sure my config was good and still got the error TLS/cipher error. The error went away after I assigned the SSL cert but now I’m stuck on the next step. Hopefully you have better luck there than I did!

Please wait...
     MSPControl
    Keymaster

yes 2.0 requires SSL Certificate on all nodes because new Enterprise Server uses REST API and it’s not encrypted on its own like W3C.

What is the next error you are having?

Please wait...
     Alexander

We’ve just added to installer IIS Rewrite Module. Please install it manually, should help:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47337

Please wait...
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account