Error while installing.

Homepage Forums MSP Control Support Error while installing.

This topic contains 42 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Finance Guy Finance Guy 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Thanks for the feedback. I can only go by what I am experiencing. I’m not a beginner but I am not a developer either. I’ve been doing this for over a decade and have worked extensively on other control panels. It’s just that I’m following the docs for mspcontrol and it fails to install. The install log shows:

Property(C): DB_CONN_MSG = Success. Good connection.
    Property(C): DB_CONN = Server=localhost\SQLExpress;Database=master;Integrated Security=SSPI;
    Property(C): CUSTOM_INSTALL_TEXT = Copy MSPControl Server files
    Add MSPControl Server website
    Copy MSPControl Enterprise Server files
    Install MSPControl database and updates
    Add MSPControl Enterprise Server website
    Copy MSPControl Portal files
    Add MSPControl Enterprise Portal website
    Copy MSPControl Scheduler Service files
    Install Scheduler Service Windows Service
    === Logging stopped: 6/10/2016 18:16:07 ===
    MSI (c) (34:B8) [18:16:07:371]: Note: 1: 1708
    MSI (c) (34:B8) [18:16:07:372]: Product: MSPControl — Installation failed.

MSI (c) (34:B8) [18:16:07:378]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: MSPControl. Product Version: 1.0.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Virtuworks. Installation success or error status: 1603.

MSI (c) (34:B8) [18:16:07:381]: Grabbed execution mutex.
    MSI (c) (34:B8) [18:16:07:381]: Cleaning up uninstalled install packages, if any exist
    MSI (c) (34:B8) [18:16:07:383]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603
    === Verbose logging stopped: 6/10/2016 18:16:07 ===

It says connected, then install fails, then “installed the product” with status 1603? I would assume a 1603 is a failure due to the product already installed but it is not.

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
    Profile photo of MSPControl
    MSPControl
    Keymaster

I’ve shared this with the developer. This is Windows 2012 R2? Seems like installation fails during scheduler installer.

Please wait...

Make sure you install SQL with the proper SQL_Latin_??? something or other. Also, mine isnt called master, isnt master the premade SQL database? I think somewhere in there you might need to create a new DB called MSPControl (mine is called websitepanel because its older version originally). However, when I do the install logs my sqlexpress has my DB name

master cant be written too, and 1603 is a write permissions error IIRC .. so that would make sense.

FWIW My entire architecture is 2012R2 . my WSP server with SQLExpress, 2 DNS, 2 EXCH-DB in a DAG, 2 CAS Array, 2 Cloud Storage Servers, 1 SQL Cluster. All 2012r2

Please wait...

This is a new 2008R2 Server with just a mail server setup on it. I installed management studio and only the default dbs are installed; nothing from MSP as stated by the install log.

Please wait...

Right. Master is the default. I assumed that MSP would create a new one but there are no options to specify that as far as I can see. Am a supposed to create one in advance and if so, what is MSP expecting it to be called?

Please wait...
    Profile photo of Alexander
    Alexander

There is one known bug – IIS should be installed. If it is another issue, please share your log.

Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Alexander Alexander.
    Profile photo of Hosting.Build
    Hosting.Build
    Keymaster

Andrew, feel free to write to me directly and we’ll check what is wrong with your installation.

Please wait...

Best regards,
    Denis Shchepetov, MSPC support lead.
    E-mail: d@Hosting.Build

Profile photo of support
    support

After installing MSPControlSetup-1.0.0 we are getting error message ” “MSPcontrol wizard setup ended prematurely because of an error.Your system has not been modified…etc”. in Win Server 2012 R2 .

Please wait...

download ver 1.1.0 and reinstalled.

Please wait...
    Hosting.Build
    Keymaster

Hi,

You could find MSPCInstallation.log.txt file in C:\Users\…\AppData\Local\Temp\ or C:\Windows\Temp
    Open log, scroll down and look for errors. Most probably you’ll see what you need there.

Also, I hope you followed deployment guide .

I don’t recommend you to install version 1.1 as NGUYEN CONG KINH suggested, because it’s beta and unstable.

Please wait...

Best regards,

Profile photo of support
    support

I am still unable to find why is not working, there are no logs , please let me know.

Please wait...
    Profile photo of support
    support

I found that it is 1603 error
    can you please give me option

Please wait...
    Hosting.Build
    Keymaster

Can you reach me by email? I’d like to connect and figure out what kind of problem do you have.

Please wait...

Best regards,

Profile photo of support
    support

I have sent an mail please give me some solution on it.

Please wait...
    Profile photo of qaqa
    qaqa

Guys I have been through this issue & I managed to fix it [ tested on win 2k8 & 2k12 ]
    1- you must run installer as admin
    2- [tha main issue ] the pass for (server // enterprise // portal) must meet password policy requirements for your server so choose complex pass not an easy one during the installer like you add a new user in your server
    3- if you have any previous installer of wps you can upgrade & if you couldn’t Just uninstall wsp & delet it’s folder C:\websitepanel & from sql management studio delet websitepanel database
    4- run the installer again & it will work 🙂

Please wait...
    Profile photo of qaqa
    qaqa

in my issue the problem was the password i chosen for the installer ( server & enterprise & portal ) the password was easy one & my password policy doesn’t allow easy passwords so the installer was rolling back every time without knowing the problem & even installer log i couldn’t find it

Please wait...
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris

Same Problem here.

While investigating we found a statement within the logfile, that the db user MSPControl couldn’t login.

Dunno what the source of this problem is…we solved it manually.

Please wait...
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris

Same Problem here.

While investigating we found a statement within the logfile, that the db user MSPControl couldn’t login.

Dunno what the source of this problem is…we solved it manually.

Sorry, it was the domain\MSPC-EServer User which couldn’t login to the DB…

Please wait...
    Profile photo of Amir
    Amir

Button

Please wait...
    Profile photo of CIS Ltd
    CIS Ltd

Hello

OK this is driving me NUTS! I am getting this same problem. I have read through this thread fully and put in place the suggested fixes but still it will not finish installing. Anybody find out what error 1603 means? The log file ends with FatalError. I can login to the ControlPanel webpage and it looks OK but don’t want to trust a failed install.

CreateUser: Error 0x80070103: failed to read attributes from custom action data
    CustomAction CreateUser returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
    Action ended 14:30:18: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

Any help much appreciated.
    Mark

Please wait...
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.