This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander 1 day, 16 hours ago.

• Author
     John Kisha 

I’m getting this error in my MSPControl Control Panel.

One or several servers can not get access to registry. Please give App Pool users the Full Controll permission to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MSPControl registry keys. See Audit Log for details.

I was able to resolve the error being seen within the “Update Dashboard” section of the MSPControl Control Panel services, wherein I used the regedit utility to grant the Windows users WPEnterpriseServer” and “WPPortal”, which are used to run the Application pools for the MSPControl site(s), “Full Control” over the HKLM\Software section of the registry.

Unfortunately, once these permissions were added a new error appeared concerning the installation of the “chocolatey” component. Per the error details the “WPEnterpriseServer” has an environmental variable called “ChocolateyInstall” which is pointed to the directory (‘C:\ProgramData\chocolatey’), however, the component is still unable to execute due to a permissions conflict. (see attachment)

I attempted to utilize the link provided in the error message (https://chocolatey.org/install) to get the “chocolatey” component for use with a non-Administrator account such as the “WPEnterpriseServer” user. However, while the chocolatey component installation process appears to have completed without error the same error is still being thrown by the “Update Dashboard”

Any Idea what might be going on here and what I might have to do to correct this and get things working properly? Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
    Attachments:
     Ion Tibirna 
    Keymaster

Hello,

What build of MSPControl do you use?

Please wait...
     John Kisha 

Appears to be 1.0.0

Please wait...
     Alexander 

If you don’t want to add Administrator role to WPEnterpriseServer user, maybe you will try to install chocolatey manually?
    https://chocolatey.org/packages/chocolatey/0.10.3

Please wait...
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account