This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MSPControl 3 months ago.

• Author
     Thomas 

I reported this a little while ago, but apparently I posted it in the wrong forum.

Personal Folders not working correctly

To replicate the issue on my server I follow these steps:

1. Select a user from Hosted Organizations
    2. Select Personal Folder
    3. Set folder limit (1GB)
    4. Set Quota Type (Hard)
    5. Click Save

After the page processes I am presented with the exact same form. Nothing changes. However if I go to the Shared Folders page I see the newly created Personal Folder listed there.

If I go back to the same user and look at the personal folder again I see the same form asking to create a new personal folder. Shouldn’t I see the users personal folder here?

Then if I go to the Personal Folders page to see if it is listed there I do not see any entries listed at all.

I am still a list new to this software, however I do feel like there is something wrong here. Could someone please let me know if they are experiencing this as well. Or even if this makes the official “bug list”. I am trying to demo this out for a potential customer and so far it is not looking good for me.

On a sided note: The actual Shared Folders appear to be working as expected.

Thank you!

Tom Knapp

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
    Attachments:
     Thomas 

Still don’t work correctly.

Current version:
    Portal (1.0.0.4969)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.4969, Db: 1.0.0.4969)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.4969)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I reported this issue back in February and still has not been fixed or even acknowledged by anyone at MSPControl. I see from the change-log that someone is actually doing something with Personal Folders.

Maybe they could fix this issue?

Date: 2018-04-17 12:14:39
    Description: Merge pull request #3507 from Virtuworks/revert-3499-masterRevert “#3452 Add quota for Personal folder”
    Description: Revert “#3452 Add quota for Personal folder”
    Description: Merge pull request #3506 from Virtuworks/revert-3500-masterRevert “#3452 Add quota for Personal folder”
    Description: Revert “#3452 Add quota for Personal folder”

Current
    Portal (1.0.0.5250)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.5250, Db: 1.0.0.5250)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.5250)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

Updated to the current version of the software:

Portal (1.0.0.5260)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.5260, Db: 1.0.0.5260)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.5260)

Now when I try to create a Personal Folder not only does it not work , now I get a new error.

Enterprise storage personal folder size more than available quota size.

Undocumented foundational change to the system. Please advise.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I am able to create a Shared Folder without issue. However that has worked without issue, it is just the personal folder option.

Total Shared Folders Allocated: 1 of Unlimited (0 in the Organization, 1 in others)
    Total Shared Folder Space Allocated: 2048 of 204800 (202752 available)
    Total Personal Folders Allocated: 0 of Unlimited (0 in the Organization, 0 in others)
    Total Personal Folders Space Allocated: 0 of 0 (0 available)
    Total Space Allocated: 2048 of 204800 (0 in the Organization, 2048 in others, 202752 available)

This also brings up a side issue. Why are you charging me to use the storage space that I purchased and installed in my server? That is total BS. If I want to use the total space available on my server I have to pay you. BAH. Lame.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

Five months to the day I have been reporting this issue. This is still not fixed….

Portal (1.0.0.5328)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.5328, Db: 1.0.0.5328)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.5328)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

Updated the software to the current version and now I get a new error. It would appear that the base system was modified or changed in a way that totally broke the system. Went to look to see if the documentation was updated. Ha that was a joke people. Nothing.

New error:

Enterprise storage personal folder size more than available quota size.

Looked and don’t see any option for this. Do we have to use storage spaces now? What is the direction here ?

Earth to MSPCONTROL are you there?

Current version:
    Portal (1.0.0.5407)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.5407, Db: 1.0.0.5407)
    SRV-HOSTING-01 (1.0.0.5407)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I looked up the hosting option and found that the personal folder option was missing. as in blank. So I reset the option and finally was able to get something to show up. But now it is hard locked at 0mb. So what am I not allowed to use this option anymore?

Cloud Folder Services
    Disk Storage Space, Mb: 0 of 204800
    Number of Root Folders: 1 of Unlimited
    Use Drive Maps: Enabled
    Number of Personal Folders: 0 of Unlimited
    Personal Folders Space, Mb: 0 of 0

Current version:
    Portal (1.0.0.5440)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.5440, Db: 1.0.0.5440)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.5440)

Please wait...
     Thomas 

It would appear that MSPControl has instead of fixing the issue, now has just programmatically removed the ability to use this service / feature.

This software is not supported and the company MSPControl does not care about its users.

Stay away, stay far away.

Current version:
    Portal (1.0.0.5480)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.5480, Db: 1.0.0.5480)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.5480)

Please wait...
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

@tom-knapp go ahead and request a new license, we forgot to add the free quota when we added the quota for personal folders, we added quota in the final steps of our stabilization of personal folders.

Seems like you were using a feature while we developed it, which explains all of your experiences (a lot of them which I had myself as we went through it).

@tom-knapp there are a LOT of half baked items in MSPControl 1.0 as we develop them, developers push features to us little by little and we comment/correct what we don’t like and change it as we go. Personal Folders is ready to use at this point.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

After my license renewal issue was resolved I tried to create a new personal folder for myself to test out the feature. I am unable to create a personal folder due to a space allocation issue?

I removed the feature for Cloud Folders and Storage Spaces and added them back in. I still get the same error. I looked around and found the following references to both services and these are the current settings. What setting or configuration am I missing here?

Current Version:
    Portal (1.0.0.5766)
    Enterprise Server (1.0.0.5766, Db: 1.0.0.5766)
    SRV-XXXX (1.0.0.5766)

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

Sorry missed a checkbox, sent you a new license.

Please wait...
    1 user thanked author for this post.
     Thomas 

I have applied the new license file that you sent. Thank you for that! The feature does appear to be functional again. However we are back to the issue that started this post. The exact same issue is happening when I try to create a personal folder for my user account. See post #8175 above for details.

Link: https://mspcontrol.org/forums/topic/cloud-folders-personal-folders-bug/#post-8175

License Issues Fixed:

Configuration Issue Fixed:

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

Please check MSPControl Event log on the Cloud Folder server for extended logs.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I am seeing entries like the following:

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

Looks like you haven’t deployed FSRM (File System Resource Manager) on this server it’s a prereq. You also need to make sure GPO Management Tool is Deployed on the Org Role Server.

This could also be permissions where the user for the App Pool doesn’t have rights over the folder or to Create a GPO. Please review setup docs for Shared Cloud Folders its same requirements.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I checked the prereq’s you indicated. I remember going over that document when I setup this server. The items in question are installed.

So it must be a permissions issue then? Maybe this is something that could be added to the server diag function to scan for issues like this? I am guessing that you are talking about the Server App Pool and the Server User Account?

Please wait...
    Attachments:
     MSPControl 
    Keymaster

Yes – We’ve also seen sometimes you need to also configure on the Servers “Settings” on MSPControl the extended AD User info for it to work properly.

The App Pool User needs to have Local Admin rights, and also needs rights over the folder space you are working with.

It would be easier if you reach out to me on Telegram. We have a support channel here:

https://t.me/mspcontrol

Please wait...
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account