CipherData contents are invalid

Homepage Forums MSP Control Support CipherData contents are invalid

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bogdan Cerbulescu Bogdan Cerbulescu 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I upgraded to the latest MSPControl yesterday and now when I click on any Website I get the following error:

http://cpanel.etghost.net/Default.aspx?pid=SpaceWebSites&mid=34&ctl=edit_item&ItemID=696&SpaceID=98
    Logged User: serveradmin
    Work on Behalf: AppleCreek
    Hosting Space: 98
    Stack Trace: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.SecurityFault: The signature or decryption was invalid —> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: WSE523: The CipherData contents are invalid.
    at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.Cryptography.SymmetricEncryptionFormatter.Decrypt(Byte[] data)
    at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.EncryptedData.Decrypt(XmlElement encryptedElement)
    — End of inner exception stack trace —
    at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.EncryptedData.Decrypt(XmlElement encryptedElement)
    at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.EncryptedData.Decrypt()
    at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.Security.LoadXml(XmlElement element)
    at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.Security.CreateFrom(SoapEnvelope envelope, String localActor, String serviceActor)
    at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.ReceiveSecurityFilter.ProcessMessage(SoapEnvelope envelope)
    at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Pipeline.ProcessInputMessage(SoapEnvelope envelope)
    at Microsoft.Web.Services3.WseProtocol.FilterRequest(SoapEnvelope requestEnvelope)
    at Microsoft.Web.Services3.WseProtocol.RouteRequest(SoapServerMessage message)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at MSPControl.Providers.Web.WebServer.GetSite(String siteId)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.WebServerController.GetWebSite(Int32 siteItemId)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.esWebServers.GetWebSite(Int32 siteItemId)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.BusinessErrorCodes.GetMessage(SoapException ex)
    at MSPControl.Portal.MSPControlModuleBase.ShowErrorMessage(String moduleName, String messageKey, Exception ex, String[] additionalParameters)

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
    • This topic was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by Profile photo of Jason Garland Jason Garland.
    Profile photo of MSPControl
    MSPControl
    Keymaster

If this is a multi-server deployment its possible that all the server components don’t match with the ES.

Please wait...

They all match. Everything is 1.0.0.2654

Please wait...
    Profile photo of Alexander
    Alexander

Please go to Servers and make sure the password is correct. Try to reset the password of Server component, you could use the standalone installer for it.

Please wait...

I have a similar problem. Pretty sure along the same lines.
    It seems that I can no longer access the remote servers to save changes.
    I tried changing the password under servers, and then I get the exact error as you.
    Did you manage to figure it out?

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: Message did not meet security requirements.
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at MSPControl.Providers.ServiceProvider.Install()
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.ServerController.InstallService(Int32 serviceId)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.esServers.InstallService(Int32 serviceId)
    at MSPControl.EnterpriseServer.BusinessErrorCodes.GetMessage(SoapException ex)
    at MSPControl.Portal.MSPControlModuleBase.ShowErrorMessage(String moduleName, String messageKey, Exception ex, String[] additionalParameters)

Please wait...
    Profile photo of Alexander
    Alexander

What the version of Windows Server do you use?

Please wait...
    Profile photo of Ballou
    Ballou

Hi, I have the same error.
    Windows Server 2012R2
    Latest MSPC.

Please wait...

You need to install the installer on each msp server, and then modify configuration, and then create a new server password.
    Then, update the password in the portal (under servers), and it should work.

1 person likes this.
    Please wait...
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.