This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author
     Mace 

Hello everyone,

ive tried to install MSPC the last week but i cannot!

i have Windows 10 x64 latest Updates with enough CPU, enough disk and enough RAM – the problem is not my hardware.

i had zPanelX installed and it rans fine but now after clean installing windows i wanted to use MSPC but it stucks at the same point:

Database connection string

Configure MSPControl database connection string

SQL Server: .\SQLExpress

Authentication: Windows Authentication

Login Name: –

Password: –

Database: MSPControl

Test connection

without changing everything, clicked on “Test connection” and saw the following window:

Sql Connection

Error. SQL Server does not exist or access denies

Netzwerkbezogener oder instanzspezifischer Fehler beim

Herstellen einer Verbindung mit SQL Server. Der Server wĂĽ…

thats it. i cannot read the errormessage to the end, it ends with “…” in the middle of the sentence.

idk what to do, really. i think i have to put my white flag

thanks dudes

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
     Denis Shchepetov 
    Keymaster

https://mspcontrol.org/wiki/deployment-guide/

Did you try to provide connection strings in other way? Like localhost\sqlexpress? Check step 11 in doc above.

Please wait...

Best regards,
    Denis Shchepetov, MSPC support lead, software producer.
    E-mail: d@hosting.build

Mace 

hey, thanks..

yes i’ve tried 127.0.0.1, localhost, the internal ip.. nothing happens and it’s still the same error at the same point of install-process.

i dont know what kind of sql i’ve installed with MSPC cuz i didn’t installed any sql. i’ve just installed the recommened components of windows like IIS.

my setup (2.0.0) looks different to the one in the guide (screenshots of procedure)

Please wait...
     Denis Shchepetov 
    Keymaster

Then you probably should install SQL 🙂
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0.85em 0px; direction: ltr; color: #777777; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 13px;”><strong style=”box-sizing: border-box;”>Installation</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0.85em 0px; direction: ltr; color: #777777; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 13px;”>We assume that you already:</p>

<ul style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; direction: ltr; color: #777777; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 13px;”>
    <li style=”box-sizing: border-box; direction: ltr;”>Registered on our website and downloaded MSPControl Installer from https://mspcontrol.org/downloads/
    <li style=”box-sizing: border-box; direction: ltr;”>Installed SQL Server 2012 or higher with Case-Insensitive Server Collation and with Mixed-mode auth.
    <li style=”box-sizing: border-box; direction: ltr;”>Added Sysadmin rights to NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM account on SQL.
    <li style=”box-sizing: border-box; direction: ltr;”>Installed IIS and .NET framework 4.5
    <li style=”box-sizing: border-box; direction: ltr;”>Installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on server which is planned to store Enterprise Server component

Whichever latest SQL in mixed mode with Case-Insensitive server collation will be okay.
    MSPControl doesn’t install SQL for you.

Please wait...

Best regards,

Mace 

hahahaha imma big idiot, sorry for dat time wasting topic. i’ll test it later the day, may tomorrow.

do i better reinstall windows? (i don’t like to wait another 2hrs to install all the win updates again ^^)

Please wait...
     Denis Shchepetov 
    Keymaster

No need to reinstall Win, just install SQL 🙂

Please wait...

Best regards,

Mace 

still not working.. i’ve tried some different sql servers like mysql, mariadb or microsoft’s

Please wait...
     Thomas 

Mace,

MSPControl only runs form Microsoft SQL as its back end database.

On an aside, I am wondering why you would want to install on Windows 10. Is this for testing? Hosting for a few friends? I typically use Windows Server Trials for LABS. They run for about 180 days before you have to register them. That is plenty of time to get in configure a few things and see how everything works.

Please wait...
     Thomas 

I just created a new WIN 10 LAB virtual machine to try this out for myself. I wish I could say I was able to get this to work myself. However the current installer for mspControl doesn’t complete the install process. It keeps crashing during the install process. You select all the options, fill out all the form fields and then just when you think it is about to install it just crashes out with a message about the installer end prematurely and that nothing was installed. I ran the installer at least 4-5 times with reboots and wasn’t able to get it to install.

I can say that I was able to download and install the Solid Control Panel software without a single issue.

LAB Environment:
    HOST: vmWare ESXi 6.0
    VM: Windows 10 Pro (1809)
    RAM: 8GB
    NIC: 10gb
    HD1: 60gb
    HD2: 100GB

Software:
    IIS 10.x (Win10)
    FileZilla 0.9
    SQL Server Express 2017
    MySQL Server 8.16 CE
    ClamAV
    SmarterMail 15.x
    SmaterStats 11.0
    SmafterTrack 14

Please wait...
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account