This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months, 3 weeks ago by mordamus.

• Author
     mordamus

My server crashed and cannot access it anymore. So i restored a new server from backup, except i the encryption keys that i had were not valid for some reason.

After i removed the symmetric_key from the database i could access mspcontrol again, but only for reading.

When i try to update some value i get the following error:

Schduler error (Start). . . Please create a master key in the database or open the master key in the session before performing this operation.

The key ‘MSPCSymmetricKey’ is not open. Please open the key before using it..    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

The data in my database is not encrypted as far as i can see it, most data like users are visible through the sql studio.

Is there a way to make MSPcontrol working again? Like restoring a new key, or copying the data to a new database?

I know its most time quiet around here, but i really need a solution for this. Thanks very much already!

Be the first one to like this.
    Please wait...
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 MSPControl | Privacy Policy

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account